GIRL. We found the best of the best chicken taco recipe this week – and needed to share it with you. Tacos are always easy (obviously) and we never, ever, ever get tired of eating them. Pinch of Yum killed this yummy Chicken Taco Tinga recipe, and boo we tried it, and can stand all the way behind it.Try this recipe for dinner this week, date night, or if you’re like us and just want tacos for the heck of it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup canned crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works!)
- Sauce: Heat a large skillet over medium. Once warm, add the oil and onion. Sauté for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Stir in the chipotles, oregano, and cumin, and toast for 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes, stock, and salt. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Blend: Place the tomato mixture in a high-powered or regular blender, and blend until smooth.
- Chicken: Return the blended sauce to the pan over low heat. Add the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Serving: Prepare the garnishes. To assemble, top the tortillas with the chicken and garnish with the avocado slices, cilantro, red onion, and cotija. Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing.
Recipe from: Pinch of Yum