We stay looking for finger licking recipes that will not only be good, but make you FEEL good, and chile this recipe did not dissapoint! We found the yummy dinner recipe, and tried it immediately! Although it’s no longer summer that doesn’t mean we can’t eat lighter foods like grilled fish and veggies, to keep our insides happy and bodies snatched! For the veggie salad you can obviously change and swap out with any of your favorite veggies you like. Whether you like zucchini (prepared in this recipe) or want to swap for asparagus or broccoli – it’s doable any way it goes.
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 2lbs Salmon Filet
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil regular or light
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced or cubed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced or cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 green onions minced
- toasted pine nuts – optional
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the stone ground mustard, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil. Top with the honey mustard sauce and spread it out to cover the whole filet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking, make the zucchini salad. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- Toss in a large bowl with zucchinis, summer squash, tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve the raw zucchini salad directly on to of the filet, or on the side sprinkled with pea tendrils or micro greens and toasted pine nuts (if using).