You know we live for recipes that keep you happy and full, but quick and easy with as less time as possible spent in the kitchen over the stove. The great thing about this recipe is that it is stored easy in the fridge, and easy to assemble when making at a later time say for lunch or dinner the next day. The only ingredients that need to be cooked beforehand are the quinoa, black beans and chicken if necessary. However we always opt for rotisserie chicken from the grocery, which cuts down significantly on time in the kitchen. Less time over the stove, more time eating a happy and healthy meal!
- 1 Cup Quinoa (Red, White, or Mixed) rinsed
- 2 Cups Vegetable or chicken stock
- Grated Carrots
- Cherry Tomotoes
- Black Beans, Rinsed
- Shredded Chicken
- Brussel Sprouts, Shredded
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Pour washed quinoa and stock of choice in a medium saucepan that has a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil. Once the quinoa has begun to boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking heat black beans, cut remaining ingredients.
- If you hate cooking chicken, or just don’t have the time get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery pre made. Cut the all of the chicken up to your liking and store in a air tight lid. This will make for easy assembly when making this dish the next day.
- To assemble bowl, grab a plate or to go container and start with quinoa as your base. Top with a generous amount of vegetables and chicken. Garnish with cilantro and a little sauce or dressing of your choice.